What's new

AX Router for a small appartment

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aliitp

Occasional Visitor
so i just moved into a small 1 BR appartment with a balcony and was looking to get an AX router as i have plenty of IT stuff going on here, including but not limited to a Gaming PC, mining RIG, Gaming Laptops and would like to stream on my LED, i also will have a 200 Mbps broadband connection, what AX Router do you guys recommend ? the coverage area is no huge its only an appartment but id like to get the fastest AX router for my apartment, recommendations apprecaited... thanks,

Asus RT-AX86U if you can find one.

Small APT all you will need is a AX58U. Anything more and you wont notice much bang for the buck.

Small APT all you will need is a AX58U. Anything more and you wont notice much bang for the buck.

this router u recommended has no AC support ?!?!

also it supports
802.11ax (2.4GHz): up to 574 Mbps
802.11ax (5GHz): up to 2402 Mbps

while the AX86U supports almost double the speed:
802.11ax (5GHz): up to 4804 Mbps

and the AX89X (probably a premium more expensive router) supports:
802.11ax (2.4GHz): up to 1148 Mbps
802.11ax (5GHz): up to 4804 Mbps

am in a small apartment YES
but i need something that supports fastest 5 Ghz and 2.4 GHz speeds when connected on a single client, the one u recommended seems lacking ! just because having a smaller house doesnt mean u need to settle to slower router/bandwidth/throughput,

last time i checked here on SNB members recommended me the AX88u is that still a valid option or is it oudated model ??...

thanks,

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!