AX3000 Drops WAN

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Rob R

Occasional Visitor
I have an occasional issue with my otherwise great RT-AX3000. It will decide that Internet is disconnected when my AT&T Gb gateway (Arris BGW210-700) shows as up. My fix has been a reboot to the AX3000, which fixes all. (I'm open to other suggestions.) Logs did show only one WAN_Connection error: "ISP's DHCP did not function properly". Any thoughts?

Butterfly Bones

Very Senior Member
I have an occasional issue with my otherwise great RT-AX3000. It will decide that Internet is disconnected when my AT&T Gb gateway (Arris BGW210-700) shows as up. My fix has been a reboot to the AX3000, which fixes all. (I'm open to other suggestions.) Logs did show only one WAN_Connection error: "ISP's DHCP did not function properly". Any thoughts?
Here is a thread on that with links to other similar posts and some solutions - one at the very end may work.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...or-isps-dhcp-did-not-function-properly.61907/

Rob R

Occasional Visitor
My gateway's DHCP lease is 10 minutes. When the WAN link fails, it remains down indefinitely until I reboot. I provided that error because it's the only one I saw related to WAN and occurring around the time of the WAN failure. Anyhow, it's a rare failure, so I'll hold off on command line tweaks unless it happens again.

Thanks for the reference.

K4TTO

New Around Here
I fixed mine creating a special route table for the arris So my IPTV wont make me lose WAN.

brummygit

Very Senior Member
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!