What's new

AX3000 Drops WAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob R

Occasional Visitor
I have an occasional issue with my otherwise great RT-AX3000. It will decide that Internet is disconnected when my AT&T Gb gateway (Arris BGW210-700) shows as up. My fix has been a reboot to the AX3000, which fixes all. (I'm open to other suggestions.) Logs did show only one WAN_Connection error: "ISP's DHCP did not function properly". Any thoughts?

I have an occasional issue with my otherwise great RT-AX3000. It will decide that Internet is disconnected when my AT&T Gb gateway (Arris BGW210-700) shows as up. My fix has been a reboot to the AX3000, which fixes all. (I'm open to other suggestions.) Logs did show only one WAN_Connection error: "ISP's DHCP did not function properly". Any thoughts?
Here is a thread on that with links to other similar posts and some solutions - one at the very end may work.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...or-isps-dhcp-did-not-function-properly.61907/

My gateway's DHCP lease is 10 minutes. When the WAN link fails, it remains down indefinitely until I reboot. I provided that error because it's the only one I saw related to WAN and occurring around the time of the WAN failure. Anyhow, it's a rare failure, so I'll hold off on command line tweaks unless it happens again.

Thanks for the reference.

I fixed mine creating a special route table for the arris So my IPTV wont make me lose WAN.

Last edited: