What's new

AX56U ftp server issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

omega

New Around Here
Hello! I have an ax56u with and with latest update - 3.0.0.4.386.42808 - i'm experiencing an issue with ftp server. I can't login on browser and my foscam ip camera cannot upload videos on my attached hdd. With 3.0.0.4.384.10290 i have no problem with ftp server. Is anyone with the same problem around here? I don't know what to do.

As a lot of people is doing it I would suggest to move to https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/
RMerlin community is very strong on this forum and if challenge will be present with this firmware you will get very good support.
RMerlin is a AsusWRT on steroids :) and you will have the same and better functionality. You can put it via AsusWRT gui but clear nvram.

Did you factory reset and manually reconfigure your router after installing the 386.x firmware?

i mean i can't login on ftp server adress ftp://192,168.1.1 becase it's showing the login dialog but that's all, it can't login ftp server and my ip camera cannot upload files for the same reason. It's not an user problem because with 384 i have no problems

Can you post a screen shot of the USB Application > Servers Center > FTP Share page.

Updated again to 386. No errors in change log, same bug.

Attachments

• sketch-1624888199168.png
    sketch-1624888199168.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 133
  • sketch-1624888230074.png
    sketch-1624888230074.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 143
@omega, can you clarify what a 'fresh install' is for you?

Your screenshot is too small.

Turn off "Enable WAN access" and "Enable TLS support" and try again.

@omega, can you clarify what a 'fresh install' is for you?
I did both methods, resetting from the physical button and from webui too without using any backup.
Your screenshot is too small.

Turn off "Enable WAN access" and "Enable TLS support" and try again.
Wan is enabled, also TLS support is enabled. Without wan acces enabled doesn't make any difference, neither for TLS. I did the same settings like on 384.

i mean i can't login on ftp server adress ftp://192,168.1.1 becase it's showing the login dialog but that's all ...
That's because you have TLS enabled and are trying to connect with a non-TLS session ("e.g. ftp://"). With TLS enabled you must use a client configured for FTPS, not FTP.

I disabled TLS and it started working. I have no idea why because I had enabled on 384. I want to thank all of you for helping me. Have a great day!

Glad you solved the problem.

Here is the recommended method.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!