What's new

AX58U 5Ghz problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr.Frodo

New Around Here
[I bought this router from UAE and I use it in Pakistan, fyr]

I have an Asus RT-AX58u for my office with separate SSID for 2.4 & 5. The 2.4Ghz SSID works fine on all devices(PC, macbook pro, iPhone, Android etc) but the 5ghz SSID only shows up on one device i.e. my HP Laptop . The Channel is set to Auto (and it selects 36 mostly). Max channel it shows for me 144.

Now I have recently flashed Merlin firmware on it, the above issue with 5Ghz SSID persists.

Help is appreciated in resolving the 5Ghz matter, thanks!

1st Update:
I selected 80mhz bandwith for 5Ghz and Channel 128. It is now showing up on Windows 11 Hp(2019) and MBpro(2019). But still not showing up on phones(iphone13pro, pixel 5, vivo and others) and other computers. Any ideas, why this could be?

(I have a TPlink router at home with separate SSID for 5gz and 2.4ghz and they show up fine on most/or all devices at home)

Last edited:
This is a known problem for mobile devices.

Routers bought in the UAE appear to not support channels 149 to 165. See this post.

It is illegal to use channels 36 to 144 in Pakistan. Mobile devices determine their country location from the cellular network and will only support channels 149 to 165. See this post.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!