What's new

AX86 Giving Slow Speeds (Brand New)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What settings were used with that AX main and AC node? What firmware? What AiMesh settings/Version? So many variables. :)

'It works' for a point in time doesn't mean too much or hold much water. Details matter.

My ax86 arrived today, got it set up and everything on WiFi was slow. Investigating it looked like everything was connecting at 802.11n. Didn’t matter if it was 2.4 or 5 GHz. After a lot of trial and error, I found a fix, on the Wireless settings, Professional tab, set Modulation scheme to up-to MCS11 and OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO to both. Did that to both 2.4 and 5 and speeds picked right up. Maybe it’ll help you too. I attached a pic of the settings.

Attachments

• E2063DC7-8DAC-479D-9B7C-E71A18448A05.jpeg
    E2063DC7-8DAC-479D-9B7C-E71A18448A05.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 269
My ax86 arrived today, got it set up and everything on WiFi was slow. Investigating it looked like everything was connecting at 802.11n. Didn’t matter if it was 2.4 or 5 GHz. After a lot of trial and error, I found a fix, on the Wireless settings, Professional tab, set Modulation scheme to up-to MCS11 and OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO to both. Did that to both 2.4 and 5 and speeds picked right up. Maybe it’ll help you too. I attached a pic of the settings.

After testing the settings as you have put on the professional. It seems it did nothing for me either :(

Last edited:
Just got a new ax86 to replace my ac68 and also getting very slow wifi speeds

My ac68 has been running for 4 years and running Merlin just fine. My gaming PC downstairs has a MSI x570 mobo with built in wifi6 adaptor. When using ac68 i get 200mbps using every time to speediest.net going upstairs where the ac68 is and using my iphone 12 I get 400mbps. Its been like this for months/years and solid

So I setup my ax86 and just created a 2.4 and 5 network, plugged in my WAN connection and started to test. The ax86 is now where the old ac68 was. When running all the same tests, the gaming PC is only showing 40mps and my iPhone is down to 200mbps

Running stock firmware on ax86, my internet ISP is 400MB and in modem mode. Using an cable from a PC > ax86 I get the full 400 so appears to be only wifi impacted by the reduced speeds

Can anyone help please

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!