What's new

AX86U and 2x GT6 node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flixon5

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am currently using AX86U as my main router and 2x GT6 as my node
Running on wired back haul.

Understand that GT6 is a tri band router but how can I utilise the 5ghz-2 network under GT6?

thanks in advance.

I think from previous discussions you have to use one of the more capable devices as the main router in AiMesh, but if you set the wired GT6s up as access points you'll get more control over how you can use all of their three bands!

I think from previous discussions you have to use one of the more capable devices as the main router in AiMesh, but if you set the wired GT6s up as access points you'll get more control over how you can use all of their three bands!
The more capable device you mean in terms of processor or the numbers of band the router have?
AX86U should be better in processor? (1.8GHz quad core) vs GT6 (1.7 tri core)

Will take a look at AP mode.

Thank you!

In Mesh mode it looks as if the controlling device passes the highest-performing common settings to the slaves - while still performing to its own maximum. If there are no settings to pass on to the slaves, nothing gets passed on at all.
Interestingly setting my GT-AX6000 5GHz control channel to 104, 108, or 112, will allow it to sit at 160MHz bandwidth all day, while channel 100 won't. But, the RP-AX58 AiMesh node will occasionally drop to 80 MHz but will climb back up later. Maybe it's ship radar in Tees Port!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!