What's new

AX86U | CPU core 1 spikes to 100%

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toothmania

New Around Here
This have been so annoying for a while already, I have updated to 386.5_2 and out of nowhere my core 1 keeps spiking up to 100% which eventually kills my internet for an entire minutes and comes back again, fast forward, downgraded to 386.4 and it's the same anyone having the same issue?

Welcome to the forums @toothmania.

Did you perform a full reset after flashing the 386.5_2 firmware first, then, minimally and manually configuring the router afterward? Without using a saved backup config file. And without using a previously used USB drive that had amtm and/or other scripts installed.

The issue you describe isn't common at all. And an indication to me that the router isn't in a good/known state.

A proper reset as outlined above should give you back a stable network.

If you need further guidance to do so, the following links may be useful.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Almost all L&LD Links

About L&LD

Just to add that when using Merlin firmware: If you log into the router and install htop (opkg install htop) and then run it, you can use this as a simple and quick means to see what is using your CPU!

Just to add that when using Merlin firmware: If you log into the router and install htop (opkg install htop) and then run it, you can use this as a simple and quick means to see what is using your CPU!
htop requires installing Entware on an external USB drive. top on the other hand provides much the same information and comes as part of the firmware.