What's new

AX86U - DFS Channels cleared in wireless log - but can not select in Wireless settings - Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

but now my AC86U can only join mesh on 2.4Ghz as it cannot see the 128 Channel ... Never ending story ...

@john9527 and @ColinTaylor
I figured it out!

After adding my AC86U as node the channels 120 124 128 disapeared on the new router where I could see these channels before. I removed the AC86U from the mesh and the channels are available again .... Is this a bug?

@john9527 and @ColinTaylor
I figured it out!

After adding my AC86U as node the channels 120 124 128 disapeared on the new router where I could see these channels before. I removed the AC86U from the mesh and the channels are available again .... Is this a bug?
Actually, probably a feature. It appears as if it's detecting that your mesh node can't support those channels so is keeping you from selecting them and getting yourself in trouble.

Old topic but a nice FYI. when DFS keeps being busy for hours (>6) run the site survey, within 1m you get the Idle state.

Old topic but a nice FYI. when DFS keeps being busy for hours (>6) run the site survey, within 1m you get the Idle state.
I don't think AX86U has site survey on stock firmware, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!