What's new

ax86u disconnect from clients, but internet still up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm on the most recent firmware. I've tried both merlin and stock.

I updated to latest firmware. I then reset the router to factory settings, then updated it to merlin. Problem persisted, so I reverted back to stock. I am using the cables that were provided by the ax86u router. The ethernet cable is the same one I've always been using. I never had any issues with the cable.. my modem is an arris 3402 which I upgraded from an arris 1602.
The most recent Asus firmware, of April 11, has been reported as problematic. Merlin is a better bet.

The most recent Asus firmware, of April 11, has been reported as problematic. Merlin is a better bet.
just updated back to merlin. see if its different than last time.

changed cable as well

will also reset to factory

Last edited:
I fixed this by using these WAN settings:

"DHCP query frequency" -> "Continuous"
I signed up on the form just so I can say Thanks!

I recently upgraded to google fiber, and hooked the fiber straight into my router, and was having the same disconnection problems the OP was describing and stumbled on this thread when trying to help solve my problem.

Thank you kind sir for taking the time and posting this, this seemed to have resolved my issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!