What's new

AX86U randomly restarting with 386.7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

samfisher

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster :)

So after flashing the latest release of MerlinWRT, I've been experiencing intermittent router restarts for no apparent reason. Internet access is disrupted and the uptime on router is restarted. I've noticed in the system logs that there weren't any informative errors there.

What I did notice however many days of logs disappeared and the last line of the log before the restart happened is from weeks ago. Everything up till that point is gone, so there's a gap from that specific date till the router restarts again. I see a "time disparity error" in the newly booted logs and have no idea what to do to fix it. I'm using the same NTP service from before the firmware upgrade. The router time is not out of sync with system time or NTP time. Any help is appreciated. Removed IPs for privacy.

Code:
May 5 13:05:54 CakeQOS-Merlin: /jffs/addons/cake-qos/cake-qos (pid=3259) called in unattended mode with 1 args: startup
May 5 13:05:54 CakeQOS-Merlin: Cake QoS is not enabled. Skipping CakeQOS-Merlin startup.
May 5 13:05:54 FlexQoS: /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh (pid=3319) called in unattended mode with 1 args: -start
May 5 13:05:54 FlexQoS: Adaptive QoS is not enabled. Skipping FlexQoS startup.
Jul 19 21:17:59 inadyn[3459]: In-a-dyn version 2.9.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Jul 19 21:18:00 inadyn[3459]: Update forced for alias all.dnsomatic.com, new IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Jul 19 21:18:01 crond[1557]: time disparity of 2212332 minutes detected

Last edited:
May 5 is the default date that the router uses each time it starts up and before it can correct it using NTP.

May 5 is the default date that the router uses each time it starts up and before it can correct it using NTP.
Thanks, that makes sense. Just 10 mins before the router restarted I decided to clear the logs to have a clearer picture of what happens without having weeks of logs stored. After the device auto reset, all my old logs are back again. Still can't solve the auto restart issue ):

We'd need to see the complete syslog that covers the period before and after the restarts to begin to diagnose the problem. When you have that you could upload it to pastebin.com and provide a link for us.

We'd need to see the complete syslog that covers the period before and after the restarts to begin to diagnose the problem. When you have that you could upload it to pastebin.com and provide a link for us.
I have both Default message log level and log only at "Info". Is that enough info for you?

There's nothing particularly useful in the log other than confirming that the router didn't reboot because of a crash.

Change the log settings to Default message log level = notice and Log only messages more urgent than = debug.

P.S. I'd also suggest you try and track down what device on your network is trying to go to the malware site poshhateful.com

Last edited:
There's nothing particularly useful in the log other than confirming that the router didn't reboot because of a crash.

Change the log settings to Default message log level = notice and Log only messages more urgent than = debug.
Thanks, guess I'll have to wait for it to happen again and post a new paste.

Take a look at this thread ....

Note - you don't see any messages relating to the crash in the router's syslog file, you only see them if you're running a remote syslog server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!