What's new

AX86Ubpro plus N66U help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PS: May not make a difference, but another difference between your 2.4Ghz settings and mine is you have the Control Channel set to 4 and Extension Channel set to Above. On mine both are set to Auto.

Yes I have I already tried those, no bueno... Thanks for taking the time to help anyway, I appreciate it.

OK guys, I appreciate all your input. I have no luck with everything suggested. I now have this guy, but I will continue tomorrow.

TPLink.jpg

This guy is one of the good reliable USB Wi-Fi adapters. Good choice.

Be ready to rotate/orientate your PCs so that this tiny/un-adjustable adaptor points toward the router for the good/best performance.

Be ready to rotate/orientate your PCs so that this tiny/un-adjustable adaptor points toward the router for the good/best performance.
A 3 inches USB extension will get the job done easily.

RMerlin, thinking outside the (USB) port! 🙂

RMerlin, thinking outside the (USB) port! 🙂
Just saying, as that`s what I used to make my Shield TV Pro FLIRC adapter face my AV cabinet door rather than be hidden at the back.

Update guys, I did install the TP Link dongle last night, but I still couldn't see the new Asus channels. I then disabled the old adapter, then I'm able to see the new Asus channels using the TP link adapter.
I don't know what is going on right now.
20240116_215041.jpg

I don't know what is going on right now.

Your new USB adapter was disabled. Here is one Archer T3U on one of my PCs:

1705542370054.png

1705542440074.png

Don't look at the driver version, may be different. The PC above is running Windows 11.

Your new USB adapter was disabled. Here is one Archer T3U on one of my PCs:

View attachment 55676

View attachment 55677

Don't look at the driver version, may be different. The PC above is running Windows 11.
Thanks, the picture above was before I enabled it. But even if it's enabled, I still didn't see the new Asus networks, but if I disable the Realtek, then the new channels appear. It's weird. My computer slowed down and shut down last night. I did a C drive repair because it had an "error" on the OS after I scanned it. I have since uninstalled the Realtek driver then removed it from the slot.

This i5 2nd Gen PC perhaps doesn't have USB3 ports. What you can expect from this adapter on USB2 port is about 200Mbps throughput. Still not bad for an old PC, but on USB3 port it can do >500Mbps. I have 2x T3Us for quite some time and they work pretty well with no typical for this size overheating issues.

Next step: try Media Bridge mode with your spare router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!