What's new

AX88u - 1st Gen FireTV Cube doesn't see 5G?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KidJoe

Occasional Visitor
I replaced my Netgear R7800 with an Asus RT-AX88U router, and for some reason my two 1st Gen FireTV Cubes don't see 5G on the AX88U. One on the cubes is in the same TV cabinet, directly under the AX88U. They see other 5G routers/access points (like the TP Link AX1500 I put in my son's room in AP mode, or our neighbors).

The router is set with Smart Connect disabled, and I do see both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs on my phone, laptops and tablets.

My 4K Fire TV Stick does see the 5G on the AX88U.

Any thoughts?

Put them on the 2.4GHz band. Unless you want to take the router out of AX mode in the 5GHz band (and negate the upgrade).

Apparently the AX-88U was set with DFS channels enabled. Unchecking that, the Cube sees 5Ghz on the AX-88U. SO it looks like the 1st Gen Cube doesn't support DFS, where as my other devices (FireTV 4K Stick, Roku devices, tablets, phones, etc.) do.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!