What's new

AX88U can't find AX58U to use as a node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jorgsmash

So my AX88U was able to find the AX58U when they were right next to each other. Then I moved the AX58U upstairs and now the 88U says the node is disconnected. I power cycled both routers.

They are literally about 20ft apart separated by one story in a wooden house. So maybe a wall and a floor separating the two. I'll probably return the 58U if it doesn't work.

If have the same setup in my house with concrete walls and concrete floors in between and have no issues.
Do you have the backhaul connection set to 'auto'?
When you move the router back downstairs does it connect?

When configuring my AiMesh I used a LAN cable to pair and then simply moved the AX58U to its new location and let it do its thing. After about 4-5min it was connected. Both are on the latest Merlin release.

Last edited:
If have the same setup in my house with concrete walls and concrete floors in between and have no issues.
Do you have the backhaul connection set to 'auto'?
When you move the router back downstairs does it connect?

When configuring my AiMesh I used a LAN cable to pair and then simply moved the AX58U to its new location and let it do its thing. After about 4-5min it was connected. Both are on the latest Merlin release.

I brought it back downstairs and did a factory reset. Then added the node again and it's working now. I moved it back to my office and it says the connection between the two is great. The only thing I'm wondering now, is I have three wifi clients right next to the AX58U (within two feet), and only one is connected to the node. My two laptops are connected to the AX88U downstairs. If I were to wire a device to the 58U, would there be a noticeable increase in latency going through the 58U to the 88U (wireless connection between the two) instead of running a wire directly to the 88U? I wanted to eliminate my 50 ft ethernet cable to my PS4 but now I'm wondering if latency will be an issue.