What's new

AX88U kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sleeps1007

Regular Contributor
All started with my network being down so I rebooted my router and when it came back up it still wasn't connecting to the internet so I rebooted everything modem and 2 routers. Once it came back up I still couldn't access the internet but I was able log into my router via IP address and when I checked the logs all I saw was "kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy". I even noticed my addons were gone and the time and date was off like it couldn't sync with the NTP server. I did some research on the error and from looking through on here I see a lot were saying to enable Guest 2 so I did that and it seem to work momentarily but the error came back but at least my time and time synced up. My addons unfortunately didn't come back up so I rebooted and it seemed to cycle the issue again. So far as of now my internet is running and the NTP was able to sync but still getting that kernal error.

Main: AX88U
Secondary: AC5300 (AiMesh Mode)
Firmware: 386.1_2
Addons: Diversion, Skynet, and uiScribe and scribe

Update: I just installed latest firmware 386.2 but I'm still getting the issue where NTP won't sync or takes a long and the kernal buggy error.

Update 2: I changed the NTP primary link to time.nist.gov from pool.ntp.org and now the time is syncing. I haven't seen that kernal buggy error yet and now trying to get my addons back up.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!