What's new

AX88U Main Router radio unregisters daily ..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

roboots21

Regular Contributor
Folks,

I'm seeing some weirdness in my system log file of my main router (AX88U) that impacts the wireless backhaul to one of my AiMesh nodes (one is wireless - second floor, other is wired - first floor other side of house) as well as some of my other devices that drop connection, but some seem to maintain it.

I'm seeing the following entries in the system log files that seem to occur predictably every 12 hours on the dot. They seem to occur at 0904/0915 and 2104/2115 for the 2.4G radio (MAC ending in e0) and the 5G radio (MAC ending in e4). I'm not entirely sure what is going on but I can say that I'm on the most recent Merlin 386.1 release and did a full reset when doing the upgrade. Any other information I can provide or if someone has a question for further understanding, I can absolutely provide and as always, any help is greatly appreciated!

See log excerpt below. I see the same thing on 01 Feb as well, but it's basically the same log at pretty much the same time.

Feb 2 09:04:05 kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx 1 wfd_idx 0
Feb 2 09:04:05 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev wds0.0.1 ifidx 1 wfd_idx 0
Feb 2 09:04:05 kernel: Register interface [wds0.0.1] MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:e0
Feb 2 09:15:17 kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx 1 wfd_idx 1
Feb 2 09:15:19 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev wds1.0.1 ifidx 1 wfd_idx 1
Feb 2 09:15:19 kernel: Register interface [wds1.0.1] MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:e4
Feb 2 21:04:07 kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx 1 wfd_idx 0
Feb 2 21:04:13 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev wds0.0.1 ifidx 1 wfd_idx 0
Feb 2 21:04:13 kernel: Register interface [wds0.0.1] MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:e0
Feb 2 21:15:21 kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx 1 wfd_idx 1
Feb 2 21:15:23 kernel: wfd_registerdevice Successfully registered dev wds1.0.1 ifidx 1 wfd_idx 1
Feb 2 21:15:23 kernel: Register interface [wds1.0.1] MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:e4

Did you search?

Did you search?

I did a search prior, yes. One thing that may have behooved my search was I specified the AX88U in the search which likely narrowed my results. I don't think my 'issue' is the same, as my router doesn't crash and I see no real oddball behavior other than those noted occurrences in the log file and some devices disconnect momentarily at that given time. I did reboot the router this morning so we'll see if perhaps some weird occurrence was going on and it was not a problem at all.

So, you've fully reset your router/network then and still getting those messages? If you're not having an actual issue...

Reading logs, you don't fully understand, an effective way to waste time, energy, hair, and other valuable resources. :)

So, you've fully reset your router/network then and still getting those messages? If you're not having an actual issue...

Reading logs, you don't fully understand, an effective way to waste time, energy, hair, and other valuable resources. :)

Let me rephrase my initial request lol .. I was hoping to better understand what the subject log entries were. I have no hair to waste, so that valuable resource has been fully depleted. :D

Then search with the broadest term possible and narrow it down slowly. :)

I'd start with "kernel: wfd_unregisterdevice Successfully unregistered ifidx" in Bing, myself.

Ended up being the wireles backhaul to my second node (that really wasn't needed). Removed the node, strictly wired backhaul to my other node (and switched to ethernet backhaul in the GUI). No more random unregistrations.