What's new

AX88U - one client dropping from clients list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Damit1

Hi there

So lately started an issue for me, which one client- HARDWIRED, i have 2 more hardwired device without any problem.
That device only lately has started to disappear from online clients list.
Now, I have reset it, switched cable and even ETH port but none- it appears and disappear.
The weird thing is, once it is allegedly offline (because it is not online, so it appears) the device still working.
There is a solid connection EVEN while it shows offline.
Once it really reboot the log shows it as should- port is down and then Up.

means it is probably a UI bug, but I wanted to make sure if someone occurred such thing.
It was not like that before.

I’ve got same issue on a AX86U. In my case an LG TV hardwired into the router via Netgear 100mBs switch works fine and the TV shows the IP address assigned by the router; but the router client list shows no sign of it. Not an issue but irritating! I thought I would assign it a fixed IP address but I can’t do that if it’s not on the client list!?

I’ve got same issue on a AX86U. In my case an LG TV hardwired into the router via Netgear 100mBs switch works fine and the TV shows the IP address assigned by the router; but the router client list shows no sign of it. Not an issue but irritating! I thought I would assign it a fixed IP address but I can’t do that if it’s not on the client list!?

I am not an expert in these things but can't you assign an IP address in your LG TV network setup?

I'm on merlin firmware so not sure if different, but you can put the mac and assign an ip in the DHCP settings page. which is essentially what mac and ip address binding do automatically.

Yep, client list has UI bugs all the time for me. Clients drop, appear, etc, but stay working.

A bug in the last FW.
Moved to 386 beta, works like a charm.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!