What's new

AX88U update question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usamario

Regular Contributor
Hi
I have the AX88U with firmware 3.0.04.348.19 in a mesh with an AC5300, the AC5300 with firmware 3.0.0.4.348.17.
I am trying to update the AC5300 but every time I try to go to Admin Tools to update the mesh it takes me to the following page:
Advanced_FirmwareUpgrade_Content.asp
It doesn’t update manuall.
I thought it was a pop up issue and I allowed the address to accept pop up, however, this is not the cas.

Any suggestions? Hopefully I don’t have to do a factory rese.
Thank you
Mario

Attachments

• C5D96543-C6AD-4345-8C93-4B0510A51FB8.jpeg
    C5D96543-C6AD-4345-8C93-4B0510A51FB8.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 167
Hi RMerlin

I am able to go to the administration page but when I select the firmware upgrade, immediately tries to redirects me, but the page stays on “Firmware Downloading“ it doesn’t download anything, it is unresponsive.
Is there any way to disable that script or to do the update manuall?
Thank You for all your helove
Mario

I also have At&T fiber and let me tell you that GW Bgw21 is broken in passthrough mode. Mostly all the At&t Gw have issues with passthrough mode.

You should use the dumb switch method to bypass that gate way in IMHO.

Last edited:
Can you update manually?

I have a similar setup of an rx88U with ac88u and a 1750 in mesh. The rx88 is running merlin and the mesh units are running the latest asus. I aways do manual updates with the units. Don't think I've ever seen auto-updates work, and that's fine with me; I'd much rather be in charge of an update process.

Hi Elmer:
Thank you for your reply
Yes I agree, I also prefer to it manually, however, I am not able to get to that page.
As soon as I click on the firmware update page, it redirects me and it stays on the page that reads “Firmware Downloading”
Is there a way to stop the redirect?
Thank you
Mario

I also have At&T fiber and let me tell you that GW Bgw21 is broken in passthrough mode. Mostly all the At&t Gw have issues with passthrough mode.

You should use the dumb switch method to bypass that gate way in IMHO.
Thank you for your reply
I tried doing the “dumb switch“ but could not get it to work.
When you start with this method, the BGW210 has only the fiber cable attached but does it have to be power on when you attach the “ONT” to the dumb switch?
Thank you
Mario

This thread has many ways of doing it.

but use the most simple way man. Also get a Netgear prosafe unmanaged switch. Gs108 is the one I have but you can use the one that has 4 or 5 ports.

This is the manual way, there is no automatic way on my firmware. You just click on the "Upload" link next to your node, then you select the firmware image, and click on Ok.