What's new

AX88U WiFi6 Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll meet you half way on this. I have multiple APs on my network. If my iPhone switches from one AP to another, it will change MAC & pull a new ip. (on my single network)

Same SSID? If so it is probably looking at SSID plus MAC of the AP (or some other parameter). My android keeps the same IP across the same SSID and two APs. But in your case it should only ever grab a few (however many APs you have) max I would think.

In Android it lets you enable or disable it per SSID I believe so that only works if it only looks at the SSID and nothing else. I guess apple is more aggressive, but that also means roaming will be more interruptive as it will lose its IP.

I've not checked on the IP address allocation before but with the private MAC enabled on iOS it would cause a temporary loss of connectivity when hopping between the different mesh AP's. This properly annoyed the daughter as her room is in the middle of 2 zones so would kick her out of Roblox all the time until I switched off the private setting lol

Same SSID? If so it is probably looking at SSID plus MAC of the AP (or some other parameter). My android keeps the same IP across the same SSID and two APs. But in your case it should only ever grab a few (however many APs you have) max I would think.

In Android it lets you enable or disable it per SSID I believe so that only works if it only looks at the SSID and nothing else. I guess apple is more aggressive, but that also means roaming will be more interruptive as it will lose its IP.
Unique SSID's on APs. So it pulls 3 IPs from my router... Also caused confusion as to what is the current IP of my iPhone.

Unique SSID's on APs. So it pulls 3 IPs from my router... Also caused confusion as to what is the current IP of my iPhone.

Ok then that makes sense that you'll get a different IP on each. Most don't use different SSIDs on each AP as roaming will be very interruptive, especially with MAC randomization but even without. So typically it won't be an issue (grabbing multiple IPs).