What's new

Ax92U Not Working/Turning On Only 2.4Ghz Led is On!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stalq

Occasional Visitor
Hey,

So my Ax92u won't turn on after a manual restart! It had no prior issues and was on the latest firmware for 3 days after I did a dirty flash of Merlin Beta 2 and then back to the official firmware.

When I turn it on the LAN LED turns on for a sec then the power LED stays on for 2-3 secs after that the 2.4Ghz LED comes on along with the power led and stays like that, but there is no wifi, I can't connect via ethernet either.

I checked the power adapter and it's fine! Cleaned up the ports etc, opened it up, and cleaned the dust, there wasn't much! It turned back on but after some time someone in the house reset it, and now it's the same again! won't turn on!

Any ideas as to what's going on? Has it died?

thanks

imho Merlin dont support RT AX-92U. Using this Merlin beta might have gotten you into problems. Hard reset will probably do the job indeed

That is the first thing I tried, no dice! also note I had to try this a couple of times as even after the hard reset in the brief moment my router would connect via LAN to my laptop it showed my SSID under the connection name, meaning it didn't hard reset, now I am not sure if it did now as I cant see that SSID now, but then again I have no idea if it's even connecting

imho Merlin dont support RT AX-92U. Using this Merlin beta might have gotten you into problems. Hard reset will probably do the job indeed

Merlin is now on AX92U, https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/236

I suspected Merlin would have been the issue but my brother confirms this happened a month ago, and he simply unplugged the router for a day and it started working the next day whereas I installed Merlin 3 days ago, I am going to do the same and hope it turns on! But how can I check the logs etc to see what caused it? is it failing hardware? Once on what should be my course of action to rectify this?
thanks

Merlin is now on AX92U, https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/236

I suspected Merlin would have been the issue but my brother confirms this happened a month ago, and he simply unplugged the router for a day and it started working the next day whereas I installed Merlin 3 days ago, I am going to do the same and hope it turns on! But how can I check the logs etc to see what caused it? is it failing hardware? Once on what should be my course of action to rectify this?
thanks
OK, great news then since ASUS themselves seem to have stopped updating the firmware (jan 22 last update). Hope you can fix your problem though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!