What's new

Backup Manual DHCP List?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK so there is no real way around this then in 384.11? OK I did refresh the page numerous times and I got back perhaps 90% of my assignments. Thanks Colin and Emeraldeer - maybe Im waiting on DHCP assignments to expire with the other entries.

No there isn't another variable. It's meant to get that information from the network map, but (AFAICT) only if the device doesn't have a hostname. This feature was only introduced in 384.7-beta1.
Code:
hostname = client[2];    // Name
if (nmapentry && (hostname == "*" || hostname == "<unknown>")) {
    if (clientList[mac].nickName != "")
        hostname = clientList[mac].nickName;
    else if (clientList[mac].name != "")
        hostname = clientList[mac].name;

Last edited:
Code:
nvram get dhcp_staticlist

Ideally, save the whole nvram to a text file, so you can cherry-pick various settings. Assuming USB disk is mounted as sda1:

Code:
nvram show > /mnt/sda1/settings.txt

To re-enter a setting:
Code:
nvram set dhcp_staticlist="values_previously_saved"
nvram commit

I appreciate there is a utility developed for this but I am a wee bit old fashioned and prefer the simple approach outlined above, and now I just use WinSCP to simply copy my saved (and occasionally edited) dhcp_staticlist and custom_clientlist and dhcp_hostnames files to and from /jffs/nvram. I only have about 35-odd static DHCP reservations.

I recently got a replacement RT-AC86U after my 2018 model v1.5 died, installed Merlin, reset and then added one Static DHCP entry manually. However in WinSCP I now only see the jffs dir, but nvram does not seem to have been created. Do I just create this manually and copy the files across? If so, where is that one trial entry stored?

Attachments

• New Method Saved Client and Mac Lists.jpg
    New Method Saved Client and Mac Lists.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 221

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!