What's new

"Best" new router that supports Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@laracroftonline has a face hugger already. She overcome the associated with it nightmares, I guess. The new face hugger is the closest replacement. Another tri-radio option is ZenWiFi series, but way overpriced for what they are. And no RGB - very important in home routers. :)
Lol face hugger. It’s a big beast indeed but it does his work great.

It has to impress teenage gamers with the looks first. How it works comes second.
I kept meaning to ask... was FaceHugger a deliberate Alien (Movie) reference ? (If so... Funny Stuff ;-)

was FaceHugger a deliberate Alien (Movie) reference ?

Asus GT-BE32000 design - leaked picture:

1670021054760.png

It's beautiful. RGB is in the mouth. $1220.

"Best" is relative. GT-AXE16000 has the best specs, but the worst pricing.

The router should be selected based on both the needs and the budget. If you don't need the pair of 10 Gbps ports or the Wifi 6E radio (some countries don`t support it anyway), then the GT-AX6000 would be the best choice.
$700 good lord! At that price you are better off getting a PC, switch, and a WiFi node.
My Mikrotik 24 port POE with 4 SFP+ switch.router was not that much.

Currently both versions are available as of 388.1, however I haven't committed to keeping both versions available in the long run, the ROG version of the UI is currently an experiment to see how viable it is for me to maintain two separate UIs. If it becomes too much of a chore in the future, I may drop it again and return to only supporting the regular UI.
Thanks for implementing the ROG colors, too. It does looks like it could add a lot of work to maintain both versions, so I'll bet most will understand if you have to drop it.

The ASUSWRT 2022 page (https://routerkb.asuscomm.com/?page_id=9) referenced in the Asus support download site for the 388 firmware version describes one of the features as theme change. When you merge code, does that allow the Merlin firmware is handle that, or apples and oranges? (I don't have a router model that will use 388 yet.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221202_185845_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_185845_Chrome.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 68
I would get GT-AX11000 Pro. Newer hardware, tri-radio for your wireless AiMesh, all bands useable today, longer expected support.
Does anyone know when GT-AX11000 Pro will be available in North America? I read that December 2, was the release date, but apparently that was for Japan and maybe some other locales. And I see that at least one online store in Italy is offering it.

No, they are not (all) old models.
Really? This is not models I can recommend anymore in late 2022 (there are no 10 Gigabit ports, only 1 GB RAM).

The best new router is the GT-AX6000
Really? I would not consider the GT-AX6000 (there are no 10 Gigabit ports, only Dual-Band, only 1 GB RAM) when the GT-AXE16000 is available for a few dollars more.

at the cheapest price
Not worth saving a handful of dollars.
To me, the price is irrelevant.

@L&LD Do you recognize these arguments?
You always recommend the same 3 models. In every topic in which the question about the recommendation of the router is asked. You ignore the questions, needs and budget of the asker. You keep repeating the same stories, which gives me the impression that you have no knowledge of devices or how they work. You constantly try to instruct those who have a different opinion and respond to the needs in a matter-of-fact way.
The router should be selected based on both the needs and the budget.
It is worth remembering this sentence and following it when recommending a router to someone.

No offense.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!