What's new

[Beta 380/Legacy] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.70 Beta is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Because there are people like me who don't need/want to get a router that looks like a tank and can serve as a NAS, Media Server and whatever else requires a multi-core ARM to handle the load. The N and AC66 are still very capable routers. I'm still on 380.67 (with no reboots since I installed it when it came out) and have been waiting for this final release to perform a long overdue update.

While I agree with your point you should at least move up to 380.69_2 you are missing a bunch of security fixes!

Despite it's a beta, seems like all .69_2 problems is fixed, OpenVPN Client page works correctly, no new bugs found yet on my AC66U.

Pretty sad to know that AC66U support is being dropped and .70 will be the last, but anyway sooner or later this moment has to come.
Thank you RMerlin for all awesome features you provided to us absolutely free, you made our home networks much better.

If I upgrade my router I'll continue to use your firmwares.

convert to John's firmware. support for your model will continue

I'm looking forward to getting this on my remaining N66W and AC66W, oddly enough both are alive and well (we'll see for how long) wheres my N16 died shortly after it was dropped from Merlin's official fork. These two are already on Loan duty to my parents or Access Point mode off a newer model.

To embrace the future, I picked up a budget AC68U that Asus so smartly named the AC66U_B1.

Thank you so much Merlin, if I knew more about development, I would maybe try to fork a 380.70 build for the AC66W.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for bumping this up, but I noticed that some 382 firmware was officially released in May.
Are there any chances to see those features and fixes implemented in some new legacy Merlin build?

I'm sorry for bumping this up, but I noticed that some 382 firmware was officially released in May.
Are there any chances to see those features and fixes implemented in some new legacy Merlin build?

All development has now been moved to the NG (New Generation) code branch
this is the legacy 380.xx branch - this branch is no longer actively developed.

I know, but it could be developed not so 'actively' but still...

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50470

- Support multi-language (UTF-8) network name
(Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.)
- Improved system stability.
- Improved compatibility for IntelⓇ CentrinoⓇ 802.11ac card.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed AiCloud login issue.

I know, but it could be developed not so 'actively' but still...

Feel free to fork the project and do so. I'm no longer devoting time to these older models for many different reasons already mentioned throughout the forums, sorry.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!