What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Adaptive QoS fixed? Alpha 2/3, I was getting less than half of my upload speed and lots of bufferbloat using manual 100/100 and FQ_Codel.

In my case everything seems fine but DDNS. I'm using asus.com and every time I try to register my domain It returns "Unauthorized registration request!"

Apr 29 10:15:17 rc_service: httpd 385:notify_rc restart_ddns
Apr 29 10:15:17 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM dyndns, wan_unit 0
Apr 29 10:15:18 ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
Apr 29 10:15:18 ddns_update: connected to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com (103.10.4.108) on port 80.
Apr 29 10:15:21 ddns_update: Asus update entry:: return: HTTP/1.1 401 |Authorization failed^M Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 08:15:18 GMT^M Server: Apache^M X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.30^M Content-Length: 0^M Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8^M ^M
Apr 29 10:15:21 ddns_update: retval= 2, ddns_return_code (,401)
Apr 29 10:15:21 ddns_update: asusddns_update: 2

It is a AC5300

EDIT: Reverted back to 384.4_2 and It works again

Check your WAN MAC. Authentication is MAC-based.

And what's new in Asus 87U ???

The same changes as for every other models...

Apr 29 15:49:37 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Apr 29 15:49:37 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

Worry or not?

Try a forum search on that error message.

Hey one quick dumb question will the fixes for traditional QOS do anything to adaptive QOS?

No, the fixes are specifically for bugs that were present in the Traditional QoS implementation, which is completely separate from Adaptive QoS.

I had same error with alpha. The only solution I found was reverted back to 384.4.2. I try the beta and and the bug still exist. I have also a AC5300.

Reinstall as clean slate, & keying all data by hand fixed this for me during the alpha's. Screenshots help. I updated from Alpha 3 to beta 1 and no issues. Could be some change Merlin has no control over, and the only way to get past it is to state fresh.

Upgraded from alpha 3 -> beta and working perfect without a reset.

OpenVPN server working fine for me, just needed to add the reneg-sec 0 in the custom option box and on Windows client config to stop the periodic client disconnects.

Thxs again

unfortunately my rt-ac86 after couple hours lost 2.4 g radio again.
I was facing the same problems with alpha and finally was forced to go bact to 384.4.2

now i an flashing back my router....and will be waiting for stable version.

being honest - by many years I have been updating my routers to the newest one firmware from marlin and never have such issue. Perchaos my device is broken?

Check your WAN MAC. Authentication is MAC-based.

I have the same problem...

I compared the WAN MAC address obtained through ifconfig terminal command before and after the upgrade to 384.5 (alpha 3 and now beta 1)... and all is the same. I don't have Clone MAC enabled. Also, I'm getting the same IP address from my ISP... which tells me that the MAC address is the same.

I have this in the system log
Apr 29 14:49:09 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM dyndns, wan_unit 0
Apr 29 14:49:09 ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
Apr 29 14:49:09 ddns_update: connected to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com (103.10.4.108) on port 80.
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: Asus update entry:: return: HTTP/1.1 401 |Authorization failed^M Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:49:09 GMT^M Server: Apache^M X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.30^M Content-Length: 0^M Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8^M ^M
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: retval= 2, ddns_return_code (,401)
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: asusddns_update: 2

I'm going to wait a few days to see if there's a fix for this problem...
I might do a factory reset because apparently this is one of the solution.

Updated my RT-AC86U today to this latest beta, performed factory reset and re-configured from scratch. Working absolutely fine! Very happy camper - Thanks RMerlin...

@RMerlin I brought this up before but wanted to point out again that the character set for the text area for the ssh key and the text area for the syslog are the same. Messed up looking bigger than it should in both cases.

I have the same problem...

I compared the WAN MAC address obtained through ifconfig terminal command before and after the upgrade to 384.5 (alpha 3 and now beta 1)... and all is the same. I don't have Clone MAC enabled. Also, I'm getting the same IP address from my ISP... which tells me that the MAC address is the same.

I have this in the system log
Apr 29 14:49:09 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM dyndns, wan_unit 0
Apr 29 14:49:09 ddns_update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
Apr 29 14:49:09 ddns_update: connected to nwsrv-ns1.asus.com (103.10.4.108) on port 80.
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: Asus update entry:: return: HTTP/1.1 401 |Authorization failed^M Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 18:49:09 GMT^M Server: Apache^M X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.30^M Content-Length: 0^M Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8^M ^M
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: retval= 2, ddns_return_code (,401)
Apr 29 14:49:12 ddns_update: asusddns_update: 2

I'm going to wait a few days to see if there's a fix for this problem...
I might do a factory reset because apparently this is one of the solution.

Waiting will not change anything ;) After the update the mac of the WAN has changed, if you don't know the MAC it had before you will never get your asus hostname back ;) Had the same problem after an update.. Switched now to a different ddns provider.

Working fine from Alpha 3 on my AC86U. I've had some stability issues with an AC66R in Media Bridge mode running 380.70 and an AC68P in AP mode. Seems that the AC68U gets hung up at times and stops working randomly for some, but not all clients. I'll see if there are any changes in the beta.

A3 --> B1 on AC86U = Good so far. No need to reconfig.... Yet. :)

RT-AC86U - updated from 384.4_2 to 384.5 Beta1.
Works fine except wifi scheduler and reboot scheduler. Is there any solution?

Is there a post here in the forums or somewhere that lists what's the problem with QoS and what Cedric did?

Waiting will not change anything ;) After the update the mac of the WAN has changed, if you don't know the MAC it had before you will never get your asus hostname back ;) Had the same problem after an update.. Switched now to a different ddns provider.

How do you know the the MAC has changed?
Ifconfig before and after the upgrade is showing the same MAC addresses for all interfaces.
Also, my I’ve got the same IP address form my ISP which is usually a sign that the MAC address is the same.

I tried different names for my hostname... even random letters... and I’m still getting the same error.
I even tried to clone the MAC address with the original one.

So if the MAC has really changed, it looks like that only the verification process is ready the wrong address since all other parameters or the same

General and Advanced are just page selectors to select which settings to display. You have to configure settings on both pages.

This is exactly why I did that change. Enabling WINS and master browser support requires Samba to run, which in turns would share any plugged disk. So if you were using these two settings, you were already sharing your USB disk. This change simply requires you to explicitely enable sharing first, to ensure that you understand that these two features requiring Samba to be running, and therefore sharing any plugged disk.

I'm not a router guru and I would be grateful if someone would explain why you would or would not turn on Master Browser and/or WINS Server? My AC68 (384.4_2) has a USB3 drive attached using Samba for sharing and media on my home network. Currently - Master=on WINS=off. Seems to be the defaults.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!