What's new

[beta] amtm v1.6_beta, now with Disk formatting automated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My guess is you had the situation described in post #27, where the utility appeared to work but didn't completely. The current version fixes that problem. So if you backup your data and use the new version of amtm to format the device it should work properly.
Exactly, there were some badish coding errors in beta1 :oops:

There's likely an non-destroying a fix for that. Or do you have a Linux system to do the formatting on?
If so, copy everything over to a safe place and reformat in Linux, then paste it back onto the device.

All sorted, thanks! The 10-day trial of Paragon extFS for Mac allows read/write to ext4, so I copied the files over to the Mac, formatted as FAT, then used AMTM to format as ext4, and copied the files back from Mac to USB.

DCL reports a clean disk, and fdisk reports
Code:
  Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1        1017     3909317  83 Linux

All sorted, thanks! The 10-day trial of Paragon extFS for Mac allows read/write to ext4, so I copied the files over to the Mac, formatted as FAT, then used AMTM to format as ext4, and copied the files back from Mac to USB.

DCL reports a clean disk, and fdisk reports
Code:
  Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1        1017     3909317  83 Linux
I like that, thanks for your confidence. You know, Mac OSX is based on BSD, a Unix variant. The tools would be available on the terminal.
But I like to think that amtm has a better interface for formatting than any other terminal based solution ;)

amtm 1.6 is now available

See the release post here.

1.6_beta testers use the following command to update the beta version to amtm v1.6:
Code:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/amtm/master/amtm -o "/jffs/scripts/amtm" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/amtm && sh /jffs/scripts/amtm
The beta files on the diversion.ch website have been deleted.

Thank you all for your participation, discussion and contribution during this beta test. Until next time!

Updated to the latest beta 2 version and now when I check for updates I get the following message:
_________________| INFO |__________________

Update aborted,
could not retrieve version

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!