What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any ETA on a stable release? I would love to get Merlin on my freshly purchased (and restricted) ac68u.

Thanks!

Any ETA on a stable release? I would love to get Merlin on my freshly purchased (and restricted) ac68u.
Yes, the ETA is ready when it's ready - as always! :cool:

Keep in mind that Merlin does this job in his free time and he as another life which has priority! :eek:

Thanks!

In addition to what joegreat said, what is stopping you from using 380.60 Beta 2? :)

Link Aggregation for AC87U is not supported. Merlin: maybe include this feature in the final release?

On the system log I get the message "Jul 10 09:35:13 ALERT MAIL: AiProtection send mail" nonetheless I will never get the email, any idea how to troubleshoot this problem, thanks RT-AC5300

Thanks!

No ETA. Currently waiting on new source code from Asus, so it's outside of my control.

Link Aggregation for AC87U is not supported. Merlin: maybe include this feature in the final release?

Can't. Broadcom's link aggregation code is closed source, and SDK/model specific. RT-AC87U is still on SDK6, while the newer models with LAG support are on SDK 7.14.

On the system log I get the message "Jul 10 09:35:13 ALERT MAIL: AiProtection send mail" nonetheless I will never get the email, any idea how to troubleshoot this problem, thanks RT-AC5300
Either you haven't configured your email settings or it might be caught in your spam box

Trying to use curl on the AC3200 (380.60 b2) and getting a missing certificates error:
Code:
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  CApath: none
I could have sworn I read somewhere (but can't find it now) that Merlin includes the needed certificates for curl to work with https.. (but "cd /, find -name ca-certificates.crt" returns nothing, and /etc/ssl doesn't exist on the filesystem.)

Can't. Broadcom's link aggregation code is closed source, and SDK/model specific. RT-AC87U is still on SDK6, while the newer models with LAG support are on SDK 7.14.

So only models newer than the RT-AC87U are going to get LAG support? Or is this more that they just don't have it yet, but should have it a little later?

So only models newer than the RT-AC87U are going to get LAG support? Or is this more that they just don't have it yet, but should have it a little later?

No, models that are older than the RT-AC87U have that option, if the RT-AC87U doesn't have it yet, it probably never will.

Asus want's the RT-AC87U to go away (Quantenna based nightmare for them), I'm sure.

Kudo's to them for supporting it this far (other manufacturers on the same chipsets gave up long ago).

Don't worry too much about LAG on this class of device - vastly overrated, IMHO - most folks would never notice the difference - spec sheet checkbox feature...

Don't worry too much about LAG on this class of device - vastly overrated, IMHO - most folks would never notice the difference - spec sheet checkbox feature...

So, you don't think I'll notice when transfering Terra Bytes of data? ASUS has promissed LAG-support, so I hope they will include it in the next release then.

RT-AC68U, on the General Log page, should the Clear button remove the log entries permanently? It appears to only clear them visibly until the router is rebooted, well, a power on/off anyway. Is this the intended behavior?

any news on Beta 3? Expected timeline? Thanks

Any news? Read the thread. :)

Expected timeline? It will be ready when it's ready.

You're welcome. :)

Well, I started getting A buffer bloat with this. No QoS enabled and NAT Acceleration disabled. RT-AC68U. Before was getting Bs. Cool. Maybe they changed their test slightly, not sure.

4446891.png

Although, my internet went flaky for a bit earlier and had this in log:

Jul 15 18:10:17 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Jul 15 18:10:17 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Jul 15 18:10:22 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Jul 15 18:10:22 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!

But, not sure if this is really a router/firmware or ISP issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!