What's new

Beta Beta Firmware ASUS RT-AC86U - Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aiprotection bugged on this beta. I had it off but tried to turn in on and update signatures but fails all the time. Unable to update signatures.
1612546081317.png

updated now

No, that things change, and we need to adapt. :)

Issues with device mapping, offline devices showing online, lockups..went back to .384 which was solid
I can confirm this. I see offline devices ln network map (connected by cable)

Yep...also online times of devices stopped working on the gui...seems .386 still has tons of bugs compared to the last .384
so i was about to update to Version 3.0.0.4.386.416342021/01/1 and then Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version however its best to not do either?

so i was about to update to Version 3.0.0.4.386.416342021/01/1 and then Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version however its best to not do either?

If you do, cycle power afterward to give 'em a clean boot. I did.

OE

@DarkKnight75 mentioned about the bugs ++++ in the 386 version compared to 384 which am still on, is it wise to update?

Many user have been running 386 code for a long time now. It's also in Asuswrt-Merlin. It's running fine here.

Cycle power means power down/OFF and back ON again... a hard reboot.

OE

ok, guess am getting updated then, cheers

@DarkKnight75 mentioned about the bugs ++++ in the 386 version compared to 384 which am still on, is it wise to update?
I tried initial .386 and this latest and it was no go..so rolled back to latest. 384 which was up for 3.5 months with no issues...I'm gonna wait a bit longer before updating to .386.

ok, guess am getting updated then, cheers

Do a clean install coming from 384 to 386... install, reset, and configure from scratch.

And if your nodes are not far enough apart, be prepared to raise the 2.4 Roaming Assistant RSSI threshold... the WiFi in 386 is a bit stronger.

OE

I tried initial .386 and this latest and it was no go..so rolled back to latest. 384 which was up for 3.5 months with no issues...I'm gonna wait a bit longer before updating to .386.
Wife depends on it for work, does it affect things much or......?

Wife depends on it for work, does it affect things much or......?
Up to you..you may have better luck...I also depend on stable connection and don't have time to beta test and downgrade firmware all the time..btw I did do the wps resetbafter upgrading firmware and configured from scratch.

Lockups, tons of bugs, no go... you are sort of just spreading FUD. Asus has been releasing 386 firmware for some time now.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!