What's new

[Beta] RT-AC68U/87U/3200 9.0.0.4_380_2295-g1423616 Beta for checking bug in Network Map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Its been a month since this BETA has been out and tested.
When are we likely to see an official release with this fix in it please? - are we going to have to wait the usual 3 months?
They are fixing a bug with VPN, They said that next release will be at the start of frebruary.

Last edited:
I installed this firmware from the Asus support page and now my wireless ac connection keeps dropping. I had to revert to the previous firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With this firmware, I get wake-from-sleep faults on a 2015 MBP running 10.11.3, that requires turning WiFi off and on again, until the next time it sleeps. It says it's connected, but no route occurs.

Literally no other 5GHz AC device on my network has this problem. I'm very inclined to blame the Apple driver, which has had a history of problems with various routers except their own.

Still, I do wish these two things played nice together.

With this firmware, I am having trouble with the port forwarding stopping working after the router has been running for a few days. To resolve this , if I log back into the router and go to WAN>Virtual Server / Port Forwarding and hit the Apply button without making any changes everything starts working again as it should. I have not noticed this issue before upgrading to this beta release.

This firmware came out a long time go. It is on the support page for the AC87U

Actually if you read the thread... the release version is NOT the same as the beta and even on the thread, its been mentioned that the beta is not the same... theres stuff that was intentionally not included in the release version thats due to be fixed in a later beta before merging with a 380 build.... Theres still a VPN bug thats supposedly being addressed in THIS BETA.... which will require a new release... Know patience is hard between Merlin's health concerns and a good swath of Asia being on holiday ...... Some post also stated there should be some action sometime after the new years holiday.. which has ended... in Feb...

Actually if you read the thread... the release version is NOT the same as the beta and even on the thread, its been mentioned that the beta is not the same... theres stuff that was intentionally not included in the release version thats due to be fixed in a later beta before merging with a 380 build.... Theres still a VPN bug thats supposedly being addressed in THIS BETA.... which will require a new release... Know patience is hard between Merlin's health concerns and a good swath of Asia being on holiday ...... Some post also stated there should be some action sometime after the new years holiday.. which has ended... in Feb...
I don't know. It has the same version number so I assumed it is the same.

This was the post I was referring to

Hi,
They are different development branch. This is why we need to release beta firmware, even if beta firmware version is the same as official firmware, they are still different.

Thanks,
Vanic

no, we must wait to end of february, becouse chinese new year is now

chinese new year end of 13 feb.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

maybe he celebrates longer :D

or forgot 87u ;)

hehe :) forgot about all :) Topic translation also DEAD

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

Dear all,

We update the firmware and change log on 2.19.
The new networkmap was integrated with 380. The new one fixes wake up sleep device issue and fine tune scan flow.

Please kindly try it.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Rawny

I don't want to appear stupid but the latest official firmware for the AC-3200 is 3.0.0.4.378.9459, and this is the latest beta as far as I can tell or am i missing something? Wait a second, has this thread title just been amended from 9.0.0.4.378_9460 because I am getting lost.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!