What's new

binding SSID traffic to a port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mentaluproar

Occasional Visitor
My newer router lacks robocfg and the cnblog post on vconfig baffles me. So lets try something simpler. I want to set up several SSIDs on my AX86U and bind their traffic to specific ports on the router. The ports can then go to a managed switch that I already understand how to use and it will sort out who gets tagged and goes where.

So is there a way to bind traffic on a specific SSID to a specific port on the back of this router?

My newer router lacks robocfg and the cnblog post on vconfig baffles me. So lets try something simpler. I want to set up several SSIDs on my AX86U and bind their traffic to specific ports on the router. The ports can then go to a managed switch that I already understand how to use and it will sort out who gets tagged and goes where.

So is there a way to bind traffic on a specific SSID to a specific port on the back of this router?
fyi, you dont need to use vconfig, you can create VLANs using ordinary "ip link" according to:
'http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-86u-vlanctl-ethctl-usage-puzzle.54375/post-652666''
hoping that it works in same way for ax-86u as well.
I have experimented on it for IPTV sake and I can create VLANs using ip link but unfortunately my IPTV provider did not use vlans so I never really tested it in action.

whiter or not you choose to make VLANs you will need to remove the ethx (the port you want to use) from br0 and place it in a separate bridge together with your SSID interfaces. guessing you need to disable HW switching for this to work.

//Zeb