What's new

Diversion Block of YouTube ads.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Olndo Pindaro

Regular Contributor
Atm sa in diversion 4.3.3 there is sperimental youtube Block adware. Mine installation doesn't work? Other experiences? Suggestion?
Regards
Olindo

Don‘t use it, it will not work. This option will no longer be available with the next Diversion update.

And use Revanced Manager (with MicroG) on your android phone (YT version 18.38.44).

this indeed is a good suggestion, can confirm it also works on firetv stick
i use smarttube beta on android TV box and works great with regular updates and bug fixes. you may just want to install the stable version(less updates). it also customizable to what type of ads you want blocked also so many more customizable features that always get added in the beta version

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 35
I'm afraid that no external blocker will ever work again .. here it's only on the player that filters out ads ..
Sorry, can someone ELI5 this for me? Has something technical fundamentally changed that precludes blocking ads on YouTube with tools like Diversion?

Sorry, can someone ELI5 this for me? Has something technical fundamentally changed that precludes blocking ads on YouTube with tools like Diversion?

Hopefully, this meets your ELI5 criterion:

“it's a constant battle between very well paid experts focusing on putting ads on your screen and people trying to block that. First having the high ground as technology is on their side.”

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-block-youtube-ads-in-router-level.86707/post-863729

And now, even blocking at browser level is being detected and countered by YouTube, although that is being challenged: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/youtube-ad-blocker-detection-eu-privacy-law

The only sure-fire way to stop the ads for good is to pay for the ad-free YouTube subscription.

If you want to block ads on youtube get controldns full plan and redirect the traffic to albania they don't have adsense program so also no ads on youtube.

redirect the traffic to albania they don't have adsense

And get Netflix India subscription because it's cheaper there. Very good action movies as well. 🤭

And get Netflix India subscription because it's cheaper there. Very good action movies as well. 🤭
also possible once in a while i switch it to the usa to watch shows we don't have in Europe. same for amazon prime.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!