What's new

Blocking Youtube ads

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry guys, I just realised I'm completely wrong. @jsbeddow @bennor

As I was lying there processing the day, I remembered that my tv is logged into a premium account. Which is why it has no ads, not because of adguard. I tested again by going on the pc and going through the adguard dns, and turning off ublock and sure enough the ads reappear there as well.

Apologies for the misinformation. I was at work and not focused when I answered.

BTW, you can get youtube premium cheaper using a VPN. Can't explain how here, inappropriate for the forums. Grey area technique. :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I just realised I'm completely wrong. @jsbeddow @bennor

As I was lying there processing the day, I remembered that my tv is logged into a premium account. Which is why it has no ads, not because of adguard. I tested again by going on the pc and going through the adguard dns, and turning off ublock and sure enough the ads reappear there as well.

Apologies for the misinformation. I was at work and not focused when I answered.

BTW, you can get youtube premium cheaper using a VPN. Can't explain how here, inappropriate for the forums. Grey area technique. :)
Thanks for confirming, I thought you were experiencing a rather "exceptional" (ahem) lack of ads with your setup. Now I understand why :).

Intrigued by your other suggestion nevertheless, will look into it.