What's new

Bridging RT-N66U and RT-N16U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elorimer

Part of the Furniture
I have a wee issue trying to bridge these two. The N66 is my main router, running 56_2. I set up the N16 running 55 in repeater mode several rooms away, with wired connections to a Pi running OSMC(Kodi) and a Tivo.

Both the Pi and the Tivo pull the IP addressed reserved for them from the N66, the mask and the default gateway. The Tivo seems to be getting its guide data fine. The Pi reports no internet access, and the Kodi add-on to connect to my WMC machine on the N66 side can't make a connection. I can't ping the Pi from the N66 side either.

I substituted an RT-N10+ in repeater mode for the N16, and everything immediately worked. I'd still like to use the N16 instead, as the link speed is reported to be 144 instead of 72, and for streaming video I think it would work better. But I'm a little stumped.

I only need a client bridge, not a repeater, but that doesn't seem to be an option. It may be that this is not fated to be, but I hate mysteries.

Edit: Same problem with the latest official N16 build, but it seems to be working with the latest Toastman in wireless ethernet bridge mode.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!