What's new

BRT-AC828 New Firmware Going to be released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone else believe that Asus will honor what they promised?

• Yes, they care about customer service.

• No, you might need to publish recorded phone calls

• Doesn't Matter equipment is outdated

Results are only viewable after voting.
for me at least not a big deal to lost all the settings,dind't have a backup but is not so complicated,can have the router re-configured in half an hour I think

Yeah, my concern would rather be that with the current quarantine situation, it's not always possible to be on-site to reconfigure a router (as that can't be done remotely).

yeah,not my intencion to update but as I said if you click the advice button that pops out with the update the software starts flashing itself.

for me at least not a big deal to lost all the settings,dind't have a backup but is not so complicated,can have the router re-configured in half an hour I think

but for ppl reading this that have a BRT-AC828 DON'T UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE and DON'T CLICK IN THE ADVICE BUTTON until ASUS fix this mess

for me seems that asus doesn't want to provide me with support since they ask for my serial number that is in the office with the devide and not gonna return to the office without a good reason until the lockdown is finished,so I'll wait till I can return office and then try to use the recovery software for flashing-crashed routers and see if that lets me install an older update
Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread but did you end up sticking with the update? Or did you have to go back to previous update?
I was considering this router but then looking more into it, it might not be the best choice..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!