What's new

[BUG] [ Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 | RT-AX88U] Bug in Static-DHCP list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On the newer routers the size of the dhcp static list is no longer limited by the size of NVRAM.....it's limited by the total number of characters for all the entries (Broadcom limitation). To add more, you need to use a dnsmasq.conf.add (there are examples if you do a search).

@RMerlin - Since this keeps coming up, does it make sense to add some type of warning based on the char count?

Yep confirmed, I already do validate the max length:

Yep confirmed, I already do validate the max length:
Hmmm...if that alert didn't pop, wonder why he ran into the problem? He said he had 64 entries, which I would normally expect should have posted the alert.
Maybe invalid name chars?

EDIT: @RMerlin....thinking out loud. If you do trigger that test/alert....do you need to reset the dhcp arrays before returning?

Last edited:
Hmmm...if that alert didn't pop, wonder why he ran into the problem? He said he had 64 entries, which I would normally expect should have posted the alert.
Maybe invalid name chars?
The friendly name and icon get populated from clientList in client_function.js which gets its data from networkmapd, so I don’t think it’s a nvram issue so much as a network map “completeness” issue when the page loads. I think it would explain the sporadic nature of which entries change labels and names in the first column.