What's new

Building latest AsusWrt master line

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton

Hi,
I'm trying to build the latest Merlin AsusWrt master line for RT-AC68U inside docker for my CI pipelines but I'm getting several issues and I'm wondering if anyone can help me or have hints on what's missing in my setup.
My docker file can be found here: https://github.com/gnuton/Asuswrt-Merlin-Toolchains-Docker/tree/Ubuntu-20_04 for reference.
Are the instructions here https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Ubuntu still up-to-date?

The problems I am having building master are the following ones:

1. "missing" executables are missing for two libs. I work that around by running ./autogen.sh manually.
eg this is the line where it fails
/bin/bash /build/release/src/router/libevent-2.0.21/missing aclocal-1.15 -I m4
the very same problem happens for another lib too I do not recall now.
2. libgpg-error-1.10 doesn't have Makefile (I told you about that already) I can run configure with the correct by myself at that fixes the issue.
3. wrong path names
Make seems to be looking for /build/release/src/router/wlceventd/prebuilt_arm/wlceventd but the right path is /build/release/src/router/wlceventd/prebuilt/arm/wlceventd
make[4]: Entering directory '/build/release/src/router/wlceventd'
cp -f prebuilt_arm/wlceventd wlceventd
cp: cannot stat 'prebuilt_arm/wlceventd': No such file or directory
make[4]: [Makefile:68: all] Error 1 (ignored)

thanks in advance
Antonio

3. wrong path names
Make seems to be looking for /build/release/src/router/wlceventd/prebuilt_arm/wlceventd but the right path is /build/release/src/router/wlceventd/prebuilt/arm/wlceventd
make[4]: Entering directory '/build/release/src/router/wlceventd'
cp -f prebuilt_arm/wlceventd wlceventd
cp: cannot stat 'prebuilt_arm/wlceventd': No such file or directory
make[4]: [Makefile:68: all] Error 1 (ignored)

Fixed, thanks.