What's new

Buying Tuf-AX6000 from Japan

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronaldo217

New Around Here
I will travel to Japan by the end of this month and I found that the price for the Tuf-AX6000 is much cheaper than the other country, Is there any problems or shortcoming if I use it in Canada?

Thanks

This router most likely won't have U-NII-3 band (channels 149-165), not available in Japan. Channels 149-161 are popular choice in Canada because of up to 1000mW allowed transmit power. You may have to use U-NII-1 (channels 36-48), but they are limited to 200mW in Canada. Japan router will perhaps have 1-13 channels on 2.4GHz band with 1-11 allowed in Canada. 160MHz channels? Eventually channel 50 (36-64), not guaranteed to work (DFS range).

Also for a while, Asus were locking Japanese SKUs to Japanese only webui language. I don't know if it's still the case.

This router most likely won't have U-NII-3 band (channels 149-165), not available in Japan. Channels 149-161 are popular choice in Canada because of up to 1000mW allowed transmit power. You may have to use U-NII-1 (channels 36-48), but they are limited to 200mW in Canada. Japan router will perhaps have 1-13 channels on 2.4GHz band with 1-11 allowed in Canada. 160MHz channels? Eventually channel 50 (36-64), not guaranteed to work (DFS range).
Thank you so much for help!! seems like is not a good choice to buy a router from Japan.

I found the user manual from Asus jp mentioned can change between Japanese and English.
They may have slightly loosened the rules then by also allowing English. Still something to keep in mind - some regions have local-specific rules enforced.

I will travel to Japan by the end of this month and I found that the price for the Tuf-AX6000 is much cheaper than the other country, Is there any problems or shortcoming if I use it in Canada?

Thanks
Do not buy wireless devices from Japan. Japan has very strict and stupid government regulations which are very complicated. There are no options to change it. Those regulations are a lot different from other countries. It should be changed but they never change it. The last change was 2013.
Limit: Frequency, channels, channel width, bandwidth, output and a lot more.

Last edited:
Do not buy wireless devices from Japan. Japan has very strict and stupid government regulations which are very complicated. There are no options to change it. Those regulations are a lot different from other countries. It should be changed but they never change it. The last change was 2013.
Limit: Frequency, channels, channel width, bandwidth, output and a lot more.

I think I will give it a try, I found the regulations from NTT website that the maximum Tx power allowed in Japan is 200mw and is already better than the EU version, I also found a way to increase the power and change the language from the web, most importantly it only cost 100USD for a AX6000 router with two 2.5Gb ports!!!

Last edited:
Using it outside of Japan is a bad idea however. Some clients may enforce regions based on what is being broadcast by the local APs.

You should never buy a wireless router to run in a different region.

I think I will give it a try, I found the regulations from NTT website that the maximum Tx power allowed in Japan is 200mw and is already better than the EU version, I also found a way to increase the power and change the language from the web, most importantly it only cost 100USD for a AX6000 router with two 2.5Gb ports!!!
Of course I know about NTT very well because of some reason. I also had some other country's routers including Japan. Did you read 'Limit: Frequency, channels, channel width, bandwidth, output and a lot more.' ? Don't try it. :eek:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!