What's new

CakeQOS Cake-qos & RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This phrase indicates an issue with your provider rather than your network, o bloodthirsty one...which was mentioned before here, as I recall. Maybe you can look around on here for other folks in your neck of the woods who have different providers for their input. I can't remember his handle, but there's a guy (I think) who comments living just outside of London with a 5-6ms (or lower) ping on BT fibre; if that's available to you where you live maybe you could consider changing if you're not locked into a long-term agreement.

Hi,

I'd like to apologise for wasting everybody's time. It turns out that the problems I've been experiencing have been due to Virgin congestion. I enabled an external ping to my home router and the connection is abysmal - it has peaked at 1000ms and is only usable for gaming from midnight until 6am. At all other times, the ping becomes erratic and jitter of 300ms+ is standard.

I've also made outbound pings from the router to Bing, Google, Facebook, etc and jitter of 300ms+ is standard.

1611146745007.png

I've raised a formal complaint with Virgin, but I doubt it will get anywhere.

Thanks to everybody that took the time to reply.

Hi,

I'd like to apologise for wasting everybody's time. It turns out that the problems I've been experiencing have been due to Virgin congestion. I enabled an external ping to my home router and the connection is abysmal - it has peaked at 1000ms and is only usable for gaming from midnight until 6am. At all other times, the ping becomes erratic and jitter of 300ms+ is standard.

I've also made outbound pings from the router to Bing, Google, Facebook, etc and jitter of 300ms+ is standard.

View attachment 29690

I've raised a formal complaint with Virgin, but I doubt it will get anywhere.

Thanks to everybody that took the time to reply.
what's your virgin area number, out of interest?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!