What's new

CakeQOS Cake-qos & RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You think amtm, cake, and skynet will eventually be supported?

What's the story with those 3 addons? They simply work, no snags or issues??? How is that possible? Same underlying framework or structure as the AX88U?
AMTM and cake both currently work on the AX86u. I don’t use skynet, so can’t comment on it.

And we do it all for free!
now that PayPal is into bitcoin, it seems I might finally have a method to donate to all of you who have refused to accept it so far.

@Jack Yaz and the majority are so grateful for the few that choose to do so. Each, and every one of you!

Is there anybody out there that can teach us how to fish too? We're stuffed full, but if we could do it ourselves (at any level), I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to give it all they've got.

Even if someone can take a script and analyze it for us in a new thread? That would be worth contributing to, too. :D:D:D

now that PayPal is into bitcoin, it seems I might finally have a method to donate to all of you who have refused to accept it so far.
Speaking of PayPal and donations...

A gentle reminder how easy it is to show your appreciation to all the developers.
As @heysoundude mentioned, you can even use Bitcoin on PayPal.

Go here:

Happy Holidays to all!

Paypal's BTC support is useless. All you can do is speculation, as you can only buy or sell them.

Paypal's BTC support is useless. All you can do is speculation, as you can only buy or sell them.

well, it appears you're right, but for US-based users, it's an avenue they now have available to donate to you.
I think its a good fit here, but that's just my opinion as they say on reddit.
I would prefer all devs set up their own crypto wallets, but as yet, I've only seen @thelonelycoder do so - and as such is the only one to have received financial thanks from me.
I don't want to climb on a high horse or anything, but I've been mentioning this for a few years now (and we've crossed swords on it before, sir, and I've respected your rejection of it), but a group of people working on a kinda-sorta-pseudo FOSS project to not support one (or more) of the biggest ones in existence (and possibly history) to exchange value in that spirit, with security and pseudonymity at its core, is rather baffling to me. Hypocritical, even.

I am not a fan of cryptocurrency. Not a fan of anything I have no control over either.

well, it appears you're right, but for US-based users, it's an avenue they now have available to donate to you.

It is not. Re-read their FAQ. You cannot send BTC to other users, and you cannot receive BTC either. You can only buy and sell them, for pure speculative purposes.

It is not. Re-read their FAQ. You cannot send BTC to other users, and you cannot receive BTC either. You can only buy and sell them, for pure speculative purposes.
It is interesting that PayPal has essentially setup a low cost, easy method to “trade” in Bitcoin - as you said - purely speculative. Can’t move Bitcoins in or out. Only buy and sell.
Given the volatility in BTC, could be a problem for the “average user”.
Not to mention that in the US, in the eyes of the taxman (IRS), trades are taxable - just like stocks...

Has anyone gone from my router to the AX88U? I'm curious if the price justifies the performance. Wi-Fi isn't my first concern, wired performance is, while gaming.

I have the AX88U and am using Merlin/CakeQoS. I tend to play CoD Warzone with friends and I've experienced a lot of lag (constant orange/red squares at the side of the screen to indicate a connection issue). I'm not sure if this problem is:
  1. Cake QoS
  2. Virgin Media
  3. Battlenet / CoD servers
My friends in the same servers don't have any issues (Xbox), so I guess that discounts the CoD servers from being the problem - although they're maybe not as sensitive to lag as I am, because they're not that great at the game.

Virgin Media don't prioritise any traffic on their network, so that could be an issue.

CakeQoS - the big unknown.

I was playing on Sunday and Monday evenings and had a perfect connection. My in game results were way above what I normally achieve and it was noticeable that when I shot, they died.

I have the AX88U and am using Merlin/CakeQoS. I tend to play CoD Warzone with friends and I've experienced a lot of lag (constant orange/red squares at the side of the screen to indicate a connection issue). I'm not sure if this problem is:
  1. Cake QoS
  2. Virgin Media
  3. Battlenet / CoD servers
My friends in the same servers don't have any issues (Xbox), so I guess that discounts the CoD servers from being the problem - although they're maybe not as sensitive to lag as I am, because they're not that great at the game.

Virgin Media don't prioritise any traffic on their network, so that could be an issue.

CakeQoS - the big unknown.

I was playing on Sunday and Monday evenings and had a perfect connection. My in game results were way above what I normally achieve and it was noticeable that when I shot, they died.
Seems you need to do some troubleshooting. Remove Cake and play a friendly match without any QoS enabled. Then you may implement the built-in QoS or install Flex and try a few games this way. See if the lag is still there. Lastly you must try Cake again and see if the lag comes back.

It is interesting that PayPal has essentially setup a low cost, easy method to “trade” in Bitcoin - as you said - purely speculative. Can’t move Bitcoins in or out. Only buy and sell.
Not to mention that in the US, in the eyes of the taxman (IRS), trades are taxable - just like stocks...
They're always coming for us all, no matter where we live (unless it's Grand Cayman, Bahamas, Seychelles...)

This phrase indicates an issue with your provider rather than your network, o bloodthirsty one...which was mentioned before here, as I recall. Maybe you can look around on here for other folks in your neck of the woods who have different providers for their input. I can't remember his handle, but there's a guy (I think) who comments living just outside of London with a 5-6ms (or lower) ping on BT fibre; if that's available to you where you live maybe you could consider changing if you're not locked into a long-term agreement.

To me it's obvious that they just want a slice of the pie there, by cashing in on transaction fees, without any of the burden that would be involved in having to also guarantee transactions between individuals.

So when I upgrade to the new framework do I need to reinstall Cake or should I be good to go? Also what's the recommended way to reset your router? I remember something like a 30 30 30 reset? Been out of the game for a bit sorry

Dumb question and I think I know the answer but can a router running rmerlin fw & in AP mode can still run 3rd party scripts i.e. cake (AX88U) , Diversion, unbound, Skynet and lastly aimesh etc......???

Last edited:
Dumb question and I think I know the answer but can a router running rmerlin fw & in AP mode can still run 3rd party scripts i.e. cake (AX88U) , Diversion, unbound, Skynet and lastly aimesh etc......???
I don't see how this is relevant to this thread?

You can run scripts but scripts such as Diversion, unbound and skynet are useless on APs as the DNS server and firewall aren't applicable on an AP, and are handled by the router

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!