What's new

Can anyone help? Issue on 5G router and Mesh router network connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gnufung

New Around Here
I am now using a 5G router (Huawei CPE Pro 3) and the 5G router is linked with Linksys mesh routers (Linksys MX8400 Velop, AX4200x2) and there's a Linksys switch linked to one of the Linksys router

I found that recently my network frequently disconnected from internet but my ISP said that the 5G network in my area is excellent

I have a few question and see if anyone can help:
  1. Will a switch affect the connection of my routers?
  2. Will any device connecting via lan cable affect the connection of my routers?
  3. Is there any way to check what device will get the connection lost?
After the connection is restored, i saw the connecting time in the 5G router is reset to 0, that mean the connection to internet was disconnected before. I have these question as I found that when I tried to remove LAN cable from the 5G router when the connection status is broken down (status light = red), the connection status will immediately restored (light = green). I was thinking is there any bad device will disrupt my network connection.

More information, sometimes I tried to reboot the 5G router without removing the connection between devices (LAN cable between routers), and the status will become available after restart. But the status will become unavailable again after a few seconds. The connections (by lan cable or wifi) between devices are remain the same. Thats make me think that the connection maybe caused by any of my device?

Please find the image of my network diagram below:
5G Router with SSID A
and the Linksys router is using SSID B in bridge mode
IMG_2276.jpg

There is nothing wrong with your physical connections. Your devices will not affect Internet connection. The disconnection issue is somewhere else.

I also noticed that the below log can be found every time there's the disconnect issue in the 5G router log. Is there any issue?

2022-08-25 16:30:07
System
Notice
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv6 failed

System
Notice
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv4 connected

-----------------------

2022-08-27 16:12:21
System
Notice
System
Notice

I'm not familiar with your 5G service, but if it provides an IPv4 address, I would disable IPv6.

I also noticed that the below log can be found every time there's the disconnect issue in the 5G router log. Is there any issue?

System
Notice

System
Notice

-----------------------

System
Notice
System
Notice
Yes. Disable your IPv6.

Just because your telco says you have excellent reception, doesn’t mean there won‘t be disconnections.

how can i disable the IPv6? I can't find there's a setting in my 5G router.

You don't want to, even if you could.

5G is IPv6 first - much has to do with mobility and 5G handsets/modems moving around inside the network...

ipv6 makes this transparent moving across different network segments.

This is why VoLTE is IPv6 only for most carriers.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!