What's new

Can someone help me out, maybe with QoS, im not sure...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zekesdad

Regular Contributor
I have a gaming PC that lag is driving me crazy on, and an AC86U with the latest Merlin FW. All I want is to make sure that this one PC has "first dibs" (for lack of a better term) at the network before any of my dang kids streaming or zooming or whatever. I can get a round a little but if someone could walk me through whatever process is necessary I would really appreciate it. I dont get a lot of time to play and when I do fighting with lag isn't fun. THank you.

Also, test your upload/download a number of times at various times of the day and different days of the week. You might have bought a 400/20 connection (similar to a friend's Spectrum service), but sometimes it gets as bad as 100/5. If you want everything to operate smoothly even during periods that the cable company's network is congested you'll have to set your QoS bandwidth to about 90 - 95% of the lowest speeds you see after extended testing.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!