What's new

Can someone help me with a script please?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GoNz0

Very Senior Member
I have to send this command to trim the NVRAM and stop it moaning about it being low, I don't have many DHCP reservations left so the only easy options to automate the following

Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Would one of you younger cleverer people on here mind guiding me in the right direction please?
Where can I add it in the JFFS area, ideally so it runs once per day?

I have to send this command to trim the NVRAM and stop it moaning about it being low, I don't have many DHCP reservations left so the only easy options to automate the following

Code:
for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit

Would one of you younger cleverer people on here mind guiding me in the right direction please?
Where can I add it in the JFFS area, ideally so it runs once per day?

You dont need to run it daily. Run it and forget and when nvram indicate low nvram run it again as its not used settings.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!