What's new

Can somone take look at my log and tell me if there's anything amiss

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ressegger

Occasional Visitor
My log looks alot diffrent then normal and I saw something about user nobody so dropping root privileges. So hoping someone that knows more then me can take a quick look and tell me if I should be conserned.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    479.8 KB · Views: 216
What about it is different than normal? We don't know what is normal for you. There's nothing in the log about user nobody.

EDIT: It looks much the same as the log file you posted on 3rd September.

How could you notice anything with all those firewall logs cluttering your syslog? :rolleyes:

Or is that the problem? You have Log dropped packets enabled in firewall but you don’t know why?

1) Your traffic monitoring database is missing:

Code:
Sep 27 22:17:44 rstats[1031]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/Traffic monitor/tomato_rstats_049226814c68.gz. Still trying...

2) Something on your LAN is generating a LOT of separate connections, overwhelming your router:

Code:
Sep 27 22:17:53 kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full

3) Don't enable logging of dropped connection attempts unless troubleshooting something - this is overloading your router and flooding your log.

Code:
Sep 27 22:20:37 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= M

Heres a screen grab of the thing about user nobody.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201012-114539_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201012-114539_Chrome.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 164
Thank you merlin I guess that shows my newbie - ism but if you don't mind I had one more that looked very odd to me but maybee it's not, though if you or anyone else would mind taking a peek at it because in The log I saw some odd stuff like deep green modual or deep green ring installing I think as well as the date changing back to March for a bit and then it seemed like it was installing packages so I'm abit worried specially as this happened right after a reboot. And it's disconnected at the moment and so Im a bit nervous about reconnecting it.

Attachments

• syslog (7).txt
    308.3 KB · Views: 114
The May datestamp indicate that the router hasn`t configured its clock over NTP yet.

Thank you merlin I guess that shows my newbie - ism but if you don't mind I had one more that looked very odd to me but maybee it's not, though if you or anyone else would mind taking a peek at it because in The log I saw some odd stuff like deep green modual or deep green ring installing I think as well as the date changing back to March for a bit and then it seemed like it was installing packages so I'm abit worried specially as this happened right after a reboot. And it's disconnected at the moment and so Im a bit nervous about reconnecting it.

looks like your router rebooted right after failing to load that log merlin mentioned. the deep green mode is normal I believe. When the router first boots it will show a different date till the time sync kicks in as merlin stated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!