Can somone take look at my log and tell me if there's anything amiss

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you will not be able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened. Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.

Ressegger

New Around Here
My log looks alot diffrent then normal and I saw something about user nobody so dropping root privileges. So hoping someone that knows more then me can take a quick look and tell me if I should be conserned.

Attachments

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
What about it is different than normal? We don't know what is normal for you. There's nothing in the log about user nobody.

EDIT: It looks much the same as the log file you posted on 3rd September.

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
How could you notice anything with all those firewall logs cluttering your syslog? :rolleyes:

Or is that the problem? You have Log dropped packets enabled in firewall but you don’t know why?

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
1) Your traffic monitoring database is missing:

Code:
Sep 27 22:17:44 rstats[1031]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/Traffic monitor/tomato_rstats_049226814c68.gz. Still trying...
2) Something on your LAN is generating a LOT of separate connections, overwhelming your router:

Code:
Sep 27 22:17:53 kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full
3) Don't enable logging of dropped connection attempts unless troubleshooting something - this is overloading your router and flooding your log.

Code:
Sep 27 22:20:37 kernel: DROP IN=eth0 OUT= M