What's new

Cannot connect Aimesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alexmac445

New Around Here
I am trying to set up a home Aimesh network but cannot get the two routers to connect with each other.

My network is as follows and all devices have the latest Asus firmware and are running as open without security on SmartDNS proxy.

Main Router downstairs: Asus RT-AC87U - this connects by ethernet to an Asus RT-AC88U which is configured as a WAP/AIMesh Router

I am attempting to add to the WAP /AIMesh router Asus RT-Ac66U B1 as an AIMesh node but the AC88U cannot find the node.

I have reset the AC-66U to factory settings a number of times do you have any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Alex

I am trying to set up a home Aimesh network but cannot get the two routers to connect with each other.

My network is as follows and all devices have the latest Asus firmware and are running as open without security on SmartDNS proxy.

Main Router downstairs: Asus RT-AC87U - this connects by ethernet to an Asus RT-AC88U which is configured as a WAP/AIMesh Router

I am attempting to add to the WAP /AIMesh router Asus RT-Ac66U B1 as an AIMesh node but the AC88U cannot find the node.

I have reset the AC-66U to factory settings a number of times do you have any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Alex

Some considerations:

o Be sure both nodes are broadcasting both bands.

o Be sure WPS is enabled on the AC88U wired AP.

o Be sure not using HTTPS on the AC88U (may not matter).

o Try moving the AC66U node to a 10' location.

o Try enabling WiFi security(?).

o Try wiring the node to add it.

Was the AC88U reset and configured from scratch?

OE