What's new

Can't find dynu.com for DDNS on latest FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepa71

I had to reset my router settings and I used to have dynu.com as my DDNS. Has it been removed for some reason? Can I get it back?

Thanks

What router? What firmware? What other pertinent information can (should) you provide?

I'm not sure what other info I can provide. I think I set it up 3-4 years ago and it was working great. I logged in to my dynu account and I see the last sync as of 8/7

If has been removed for some reason, you could use dnsomatic instead, which is an aggregator for various other DDNS providers, including dynu. Or else use Custom and your own script.

I'm trying to stay away from customer scripts.
Q. Does dnsomatic do port forwarding?

Thanks

This has nothing to do w/ port forwarding. dnsomatic is a DDNS aggregator. You use it as your DDNS provider in the router's GUI, and dnsomatic then updates all your other DDNS providers. It's typically used to update more than one DDNS provider. But will still work for just a single DDNS provider, like dynu.

If has been removed for some reason, you could use dnsomatic instead, which is an aggregator for various other DDNS providers, including dynu. Or else use Custom and your own script.
I dig deeper and I think this is how I did it before. I just remember dynu provider. I used dnsomatic to connect to my dynu domain. Thanks

This has nothing to do w/ port forwarding. dnsomatic is a DDNS aggregator. You use it as your DDNS provider in the router's GUI, and dnsomatic then updates all your other DDNS providers. It's typically used to update more than one DDNS provider. But will still work for just a single DDNS provider, like dynu.
Could you please screenshot some of your settings on merlin? My router still alert " Request error" only.

Could you please screenshot some of your settings on merlin? My router still alert " Request error" only.
He hasn't been around since Sep 21, 2022

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!