What's new

can't get LAN to function

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mado

New Around Here
hey everyone! I'm new around here.
apologies in advance if this sub-thread isn't the correct one, it seemed to fit my query the most, considering I'm only having an issue with the LAN.
anyway, recently my family switched ISPs and we have no need for our old router.
for reference, it's an Actiontec V1000H.
anyway, I had the idea of creating a little auxiliary network between my older devices. it doesn't have internet access, but would be strictly used to create connectivity between the devices (for purposes like SSH).
the router generates the AP fine and I'm totally able to connect my wireless devices, but I cannot for the life of me get LAN to work.
I've tried different cables, different LAN ports on the router, and have tried connecting the LAN cable to two different computers.
both computers refuse to recognize the cable being plugged in, and the routers LAN indicators don't light up at all.
if anyone has any input as to why LAN is refusing to work, it would be much appreciated!
thanks in advance.
if you need any extra info like the routers firmware, etc. just let me know.

Do you have the LAN DHCP server turned on?

Also you might want to change the subnet of this router to something different than the subnet used on your new router.

What IP Subnet did you setup for your LAN? If you don't have a DHCP service setup on the old router then you will need to manually assign ip addresses to the older devices and they will need to all be on the same subnet. (Exmp. 192.168.1.xxx with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0) Same thing goes for DNS. If DNS isn't setup it will take the devices longer to talk to one another.

@Dirk_Diggler Given that the post was made a month ago and since then the OP hasn't logged in again, I guess he fixed his problem or isn't interested in the answer anymore.:rolleyes: