What's new

Can't ping over wgc1 (running wireguard as test)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
I testing to ping through interface "wgc1" turned on wireguard client 1 and tried to get ip number through curl.
I probaly missed some imported settings/step(s)

octopus@RT-AX86U-E1D8:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl -s --interface wgc1 "https://myexternalip.com/raw"
curl: (45) Couldn't bind to 'wgc1'

Last edited:
I testing to ping through interface "wgc1" turned on wireguard client 1 and tried to get ip number through curl.
I probaly missed some imported settings/step(s)

octopus@RT-AX86U-E1D8:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/curl -s --interface wgc1 "https://myexternalip.com/raw"
curl: (45) Couldn't bind to 'wgc1'
Sorry but is your problem with ping or curl? I can ping through my Wireguard client no problem using ping in a terminal.

Sorry but is your problem with ping or curl? I can ping through my Wireguard client no problem using ping in a terminal.
Do you run vpn clients at same time?
I have two running.
Must be vpnclients order

Do you run vpn clients at same time?
I have two running.
Must be vpnclients order
Yes, I have a Wireguard client and a OVPN client running at the same time.

Yes, I have a Wireguard client and a OVPN client running at the same time.
Seems it was "shirt behind the levers" working now. Just had to reconfigure again.

2-Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 15-00-34 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - VPN Status.png

Last edited:
Okay, I'm running wireguard as test. I have 250/250 line.
When I test speed with wireguard from windows (okla speed test) I only get ~233/102 Mbps.
Isn't wireguard symmetrisk protocol?
When using openvpn I get ~235/235 symmetrisk speed.

Octopus

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!