What's new

Can't setup DDNS Using Asus.com Server after Upgrade to Ver 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike S

Regular Contributor
I just upgraded my existing Asus router from Asus Merlin 384.18 to 386.2. To be on the safe side, I did a factory reset after the update.

Now when I try to setup my DDNS server using Asus.com with the same domain name I used before, I get an error: "This domain name 'xxxxx.asuscomm.com' has been registered. Please use a new domain name.

How can I reuse my existing DDNS domain name on the same router it was running on before?

Use a different name - get it registered - then revert back to your old name and see if it works

i changed from an 86u to 88u, also had the "registration in use" , iys normal, because linked to other router
just send a mail to asus with the correct info , 2 days later got feedback and was good to go, they can unregister

info you need to send:
old router + serial + mac
new router model + serial + mac
registration name

i changed from an 86u to 88u, also had the "registration in use" , iys normal, because linked to other router
just send a mail to asus with the correct info , 2 days later got feedback and was good to go, they can unregister

info you need to send:
old router + serial + mac
new router model + serial + mac
registration name

Even if the router hasn't changed? I.e. in this case the router model / serial / mac are all the same, no?