What's new

Can't upgrade to Merlin on new RT-AX3000U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you still trying to run yazfi or is that gone? They won't work together. You say different subnet which should only be GW1 but maybe your routers are different, if you have 5 guest networks maybe there are more that use subnet segregation.
I did manage to get it to pick up my cams. They are on xxx.xxx.3.xxx thru Yazfi. I set my AX58U to AP, then on that subnet and network, but there is no way to access it directly that I know.
I've got to find out something better than that.

Not sure what are you trying to do. If you describe it better along with your current configuration you may get some ideas.

I did manage to get it to pick up my cams. They are on xxx.xxx.3.xxx thru Yazfi. I set my AX58U to AP, then on that subnet and network, but there is no way to access it directly that I know.
I've got to find out something better than that.

I think you're going to have to ditch Yazfi if you want this to work across multiple routers/APs, especially if some don't support merlin and can't use scripts.

Yazfi is creating a separate L3 wireless network segment in your main router, simply putting the second router/AP into that same subnet isn't going to work, now you just have two different L3 segments that are using the same IPs and that is only going to make things worse, not better. The only way I could think to make this work and keep Yazfi would be to use your second router in repeater mode for the guest network coming off the main router, that should successfully extend your Yazfi guest network, but is a less than ideal setup.

Anyone having issues with 2x asus rt-ax86u?my main rt-ax86u is in the hall with cat6 running into the bedroom rt-ax86u in wired bckhaul,the main one is fine on this beta but the other rt-ax86u in aimesh mode isn't showing up when trying to set it up as a node

Anyone having issues with 2x asus rt-ax86u?my main rt-ax86u is in the hall with cat6 running into the bedroom rt-ax86u in wired bckhaul,the main one is fine on this beta but the other rt-ax86u in aimesh mode isn't showing up when trying to set it up as a node

Many recommend running stock asus on the nodes and Merlin only on the main router. Also not sure which beta you're referring to but anything in beta may not work correctly.

Probably a dumb question but you're positive your wired backhaul has a good link?

@JT Strickland, how many CPU cores V2 shows in GUI, Status page?
V1 uses tripple-core CPU, V2 uses quad-core CPU. It may be the easiest way to tell what revision the router is.

@JT Strickland, how many CPU cores V2 shows in GUI, Status page?
V1 uses tripple-core CPU, V2 uses quad-core CPU. It may be the easiest way to tell what revision the router is.

Yep, it's a quad core.

My 2 AX86U's are fine. Just having a little trouble with adding a non-merlin machine to the mix, but works after dropping Yazfi.

I think you're going to have to ditch Yazfi if you want this to work across multiple routers/APs, especially if some don't support merlin and can't use scripts.

Yazfi is creating a separate L3 wireless network segment in your main router, simply putting the second router/AP into that same subnet isn't going to work, now you just have two different L3 segments that are using the same IPs and that is only going to make things worse, not better. The only way I could think to make this work and keep Yazfi would be to use your second router in repeater mode for the guest network coming off the main router, that should successfully extend your Yazfi guest network, but is a less than ideal setup.

Yep, that's what I had to do. I like having a separate segment for security cameras, but I've had to settle for it without.
AX58U is doing fine as an AP. Thinking about dropping Aimesh and set the other AX86U as an AP.

Thinking about dropping Aimesh and set the other AX86U as an AP.

No Guest Network, but you can get almost 2x aggregate throughput on different Wi-Fi channels plus you have more control over the AP.

No Guest Network, but you can get almost 2x aggregate throughput on different Wi-Fi channels plus you have more control over the AP.
The Asus guest networks should work. They work now on a different network, just no different subs for each one.

The Asus guest networks should work. They work now on a different network, just no different subs for each one.

As long as you use the 386 code base, Guest Wireless 1 will get a separate subnet from your main network. AiMesh automatically extends that to nodes also. Actually it creates two new subnets, one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5ghz (not really sure why they did that, in some cases that could be an issue if a system uses both but needs to be on the same subnet like cameras smart home hubs, etc).

The Asus guest networks should work.

In AP mode you have Guest Network available, but if you look closely is doesn't have Access Intranet option. It doesn't have guests from main network separation. It's like extra SSIDs per band you can use.