What's new

CenturyLink C4000LG Modem/router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phil P

New Around Here
CenturyLink C4000LG Modem/router?

Hello All

A little of my back ground.

I got certification as A+ tech and Network+ by Comptia 20+ years ago.

So my experience and training are very old.

Here is my question.

The CenturyLink C400LG is manufactured by at least 3 diffract companies however they are supposed to be all configured the same.

I have several computers working on the wireless LAN I tried to hard wire one of them and can’t get a connection. I don’t have a second CAT5 cable to check my cable with.

My question is can anyone here tell me if the CAT 5 ports on this modem are active under the default software configuration?

Thank in advance

Phil P

Is that a C400 or C4000 ? All i get on google is C4000.

can you check your cable by plugging into two devices ( PC to PC for example) and see what the sync rate is either by the sync lite on the port or what the operating system is reporting ?

If you get a sync lite on the C400LG or the PC, that will tell you a speed and that the port/cable is working. You may not have internet access though.

The user manual indicates all ports should be functional, so i would guess either the PC lan port or the cable are having issues. Does device manager in windows indicate an issue with the LAN port or driver ?

Have you tried with a second PC ?

Last edited: